Monday, January 14, 2013

Spell writing.

| |

      Spell writing for me has always been a struggle. I can focus prayers to the Gods with out any issue. At all. Yet when it comes to writing a spell. To putting words into a focus along those lines, I have issues. I figure that makes me a bad witch. I am not able to do the whole 'and by my will so mote it be" thing. I am a big believer in the fates. That it is not my will that I want to force onto them, that I just want to affect the change within myself to make this possible. 

    I grew up christian, I suppose some of this is the history from that, that I am drawing this. The whole "Not my will, but Thine be done". I don't want the Gods to think I am forcing them to do something that isn't right.

    Case in point. I asked the gods for my husband. Specifically for him. I wonder if I hadn't done that, where I would be. I know I wouldn't have my daughter, who is the most wonderful thing I could have ever imagined. I do not regret asking for him, nor for having my daughter in my life. Yet, I wonder how much was me asking for him, and how much was him being right for me. 

     Back to the spell writing. I am thinking that this is my Nemesis. How do I write a spell that makes my point across, but doesn't demand it? 

    A lot of it has to do with my own personal nature. I am not a demanding person, truth be told I am rather submissive. I don't demand. I ask. I prefer to weave my spells into my work. Making them into offerings, rather than anything else. I don't write physical spells, I suppose. I do more...offerings. 

4 comments:

top
Aine O'Brien said...

Just consider that you are putting your energy out there. Being a powerful person by using affirmations is perfectly ok, right? So why is it demanding to simply be assertive and put all your energy behind what you want? As for fate, put your energy out there and see what happens. There's a lot that goes into a fateful event, so if it's meant to be it will be, and maybe it will be your energy that pushes it through. I think the important thing is to think through carefully what you REALLY are trying to conjure and get to the root of it, try not to manipulate others if at all possible (and sometimes we must) and find a the best way to approach your spellwork.

Being Pagan said...

That is a very good point. Thank you

Unknown said...

I did this type of spell without really realizing it. I had written a poem of what I desired in a life partner. I didn't want to be held on a pedestal nor did I want someone fancy. I wanted someone who would work alongside me to acheive my goals in life. 2 months later in bounce my fiancee. We are getting married in 2 months and couldn't be happier...However I could've asked for the cancer to be left out, but what are you gonna do?

Being Pagan said...

Well the cancer meh on it, however...the rest of it amazing! I am so happy for you!

Post a Comment

Pagan Blog Project

Pagan Blog Project
Check out all the amazing bloggers

Followers

Powered by Blogger.
 
 

BeingPagan | Designed by: Compartidísimo
Images by: Scrappingmar©